Monday, January 5, 2009

Tea Tea Tea

I just love tea....I had stopped tea for a bit and got into coffee...now I am back to tea and I love it. It is great to be back in the life of bliss with tea. I will share with you recipes and tips. I hope that you can join your friends and church and ladies events and have a "spot of tea".

Watercress and Cheddar Sandwiches

1 bunch of watercress, finely chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
16 slices of bread {wheat please} always remove crust
8 large slices of cheddar cheese

COMBINE watercress with mayonnaise and cream cheese. SPREAD layer of cream cheese mixture on half of the bread. ADD a slice of cheddar cheese to each and another layer of spread. TOP with remaining bread. Cut each sandwich in half. Yield: 16 {You could make these smaller}.

Smoked Chicken and Walnut Salad Sandwiches

2 whole smoked chicken breasts
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 tsp. fresh thyme {if possible}
1/8 tsp. fresh garlic
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste
30 slices of bread, with crusts removed

Puree all ingredients, except bread, in a food processor or blender I guess would work. Spread mixture on half the bread. Top with remaining slices. Cut each sandwich in half. Yield 30
You can also cut in smaller sizes.

No comments: