Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Results of Rejection

My cousin Pam is teaching a class based on Joyce Meyer's Root of Bitterness I think that is the name of it...tonight she discussed Root Of Rejection. As I was taking notes, I had to ask her several times what she said and she went slow for me. I did have some light tears when she kept calling off things that are "results of rejection". I had no way of knowing these things are from rejection. At some point or in our lives growing up if we had rejection here are the results of that rejection until we are delivered by Jesus Christ.

Bitterness, self pitty, rebellion, escape {like there is a pink elephant in the room and we walk around it pretending its not there}. Guilt, poor self image, poverty, hopelessness, defensiveness, distrust, competitve until the point that its over done, trying to be perfect.

See what rejection can do to us? As you think about this writing and look at the results of rejection.....take time to reflect about your life and were these things in your life. I know we have all had rejection at some point. People even grow up with rejection from an early age. Some people have heard they were a mistake in the mothers pregnancy. Some parents have said we wanted a girl and had you or we wanted a boy and had you. I was not wanting to get pregnant but I did anyway and kept you. Adoption, abandonment, abused, being ignored, peer rejection, unfaithfullness and physical defects. Feelings of rejection are so strong and hard to overcome.

DON'T let the way someone treats you determine your worth! Never get to that point. JESUS died for your sins and he loves you no matter how you are right now or in the past and in the future he will always love you. The bible says to love our neighbor as ourselves.....what a shame many don't even love themselves. You are value to God........love yourself.........then you can love others.

I pray that anyone that reads this blog and has experienced rejection will be lifted up to their feet from JESUS.........that you will have joy and let JESUS be a part of your life. You will never find anyone that will love you like JESUS does. Victoria

No comments: