Monday, January 12, 2009

Friendships That Are Good For You

This topic could have me writing for weeks. I am sure all of us have trusted who we thought was our friend even for years and taken back when they were dishonest or caused us trouble. Praise JESUS he covers his children through all things. I have had my share of being hurt badly with friendships; one lasted 24 years. I forgave many times but decided after the last time I was so mistreated; it was time to walk away.....I forgave....but that would be the last time I would ever be mistreated again by her. I want friends that are blessings and not users. We are to forgive. We don't have to be mistreated. She was my friend that got away. I pray for her all the time for healing in her body and I pray for her salvation. I know that if she lives for JESUS I will hear from her again. I sent her a pretty card giving regrets for anything I did to hurt her. I have been able to forgive her through the help of JESUS CHRIST and I really want the best for her.

Today I am careful about who I chose to be in my circle of friends. I lean more to JESUS than to friends..........JESUS is our best friend and will never leave us or lie to us or disappoint us. When we pray and we get a "no" from JESUS on what we have asked for.......its because he knows our future and is the only one that has our best interest in his heart. What comfort that we can have faith and know that JESUS will never fail us. That would be great to have a friend like that.

"Whoever walks with the wise will become wise; whoever walks with fools will suffer harm".~~~Proverbs 13:20

"How good and plesant it is when brothers live together in unity".~~~Psalm 133:1 {NIV}

No comments: