Friday, March 14, 2008

Gasoline Tips/Automobile

Alert~~Always check the owners manual of your car before doing anything I suggest or ask a professional..

Tip: If you get chips of paint knocked off your car........from the advice of Ken my wonderful former father in law said to use clear nail polish and gently touch the chipped areas as not to rust the car. So you know ladies nail polish does not last forever and so I manicure my car with my clear polish ever so often to keep that area rust free. I love my car but in 2001 they did a really bad paint job not added as much paint when they made the car. So when I get a new one in about 6-7 years....Lord willing......mine is 6 years old now...they better have a better paint job.

Never ever fill your tank when the gasoline truck is pumping gas into the pump system. I go back the next day or the day after.

Never get to empty on your gas tank. Never go below 1/4 tank. I fill up always when I get to a half a tank. Also, I have kePT this rule of keeping my car on full since the terror attacks. If there was any kind of attack it could keep trucks from bringning gasoline into your city and that counts for food to. Yes, Jesus supplies our needs but I try to think ahead. If there is a run on the gas stations then you will be prepared. I have this thing about cars, I take care of mine and I want to always have gas in my tank.......besides if you fill up at half point......you don't stress over the amount you pay like you would if you have to fill up.....either way the gas companies are going to get our money. Make it easier on your money....also with gas prices changing almost everyday......it went up in two weeks for me around 22 cents a gallon. Ok, I think you understand about this tip.

Use the slower pressure on the nozzle when pumping gas. NEVER NEVER NEVER get gas in the heat of the day. Gas expands with heat so in the summer months you are not really getting a full tank. You get more gas in the winter. The stations don't reset their tanks from winter to summer.......or summer to winter (I believe I have this correct). In the summer I buy at the coolest time.

Get extra weight out of your trunk. Every additional 100 pounds can lower your mileage 2%.

Keep your engine well tuned and change your oil every 3,000-3,500 miles. Check your owners manual.

Check your tire pressure. I forget to do this and it costs more in gas. UNDERinflation can cause significant milegae loss. Even one (psi) pounds per square inch below the recommendation can reduce gas mileage by 3%.

Plan your trips of errands or on the road. Fuel economy and emission levels are the very worst when you first start your car and the engine is COLD. If you can drive to keep your engine warm, your mileage will be better.

Watch your speeds~~you loose a lot of gasoline going over 65 miles per hour. Keep your windows closed when you are on the highway. If you have a roof rack, remove the crossbars in you have any, they add wind and resistance.

Brakes~~treat carefully as you accelerate (sp?). Coast as much as possible on hills or approaching a stop sign. DO NOT BRAKE suddenly.

Use regular unleaded. Premium gas is rarely needed except for $$$$$$$$ cars with high-performance engines.




No comments: