Thursday, December 4, 2008

Legacy and Destination

Me and my family have been left a legacy.....Our great aunt Audra Czarnikow wrote a beautiful song, perhaps you have heard it, GOD WALKS THE DARK HILLS. This song was recorded in 1965. I want to put the lyrics on my blog for you to see the entire song.......Ray and Laura Lewis are the only ones I know of to date that sing this song just like Audra wrote it. The Happy Goodman Family made this song famous but they left out the second chorus and we don't know why. I hope you enjoy the words to this beautiful song and check out www.lewisandlewis.org and click on SONG STORIES and you will see GOD WALKS THE DARK HILLS.

I saw them in concert November 30 and felt so honored to meet them. They love the Lord and are the sweetest couple. I was so happy to meet the man that recorded this song for the first time. Ray Lewis and he and his wife Laura travel the roads witnessing for JESUS and singing gospels songs....just one of the things they do for our Lord.

When I was in the audience the people did not know that I was the great niece to Audra Czarnikow, they were going to introduce me after they sang the song. I was taken back with tears in my eyes when Laura started singing the song and people stood up raising their hands to JESUS when she started singing God Walks The Dark Hills. What a legacy. Here are the words:

Verse One
God Walks the dark hills, the highways and biways
He walks o'er the billows of life's troubled sea
He walks in the cold, dark shadows of midnight
God walks the dark hills for you and me.

First Chorus
God walks the dark hills to guide my footsteps
He walks everywhere by night and by day
He walks in silence down the lone highway
God walks the dark hills to show me the way.

Verse Two
God walks in the storm, the rain and the sunshine
He walks in the shadows of glimmering light
He walks o'er the mountains, the rivers and valleys
God walks the dark hills to guide you and me.

Second Chorus
God walks in silence in the stillness of midnight
He walks in your Garden of Gethsemane
He walks through the halls and aisles of the Temple
God walks the dark hills to guide you and me.

Destination, I knew thought nor would my family including Audra, that I would never have met Ray Lewis. Just like in our lives, if we live for JESUS we have a Royal Destination. We never know where the Lord is going to place us. We can be sure its for his GLORY. He will always make a way for us.

Another Legacy, words our family have left for us. My grandmother was with me during my pregnancy, also my papo and Aunt Audra Czarnikow and of course my mom and family.......I know many prayers were prayed for my pregnancy and life of my son, Christopher. A few weeks ago I took my grandmothers bible to church....I usually keep on the desk or night stand because this bible of hers is so precious to me. Our pastor asked us to turn to Exodus Chapter 12.........as I was reading along with the pastor I noticed on the next side of the page verse 13 was highlighted by a pen mark and my grandmother wrote on the side.....Exodus 12:13 prayer for Christopher on prayer cloth. For those that are in the Assembilies of God and Pentecostal know about "prayer cloths". My family always prayed....all through my life and I would tell everyone my grandmother, grandpa and Aunt Audra had a hot line to heaven. But we all have that resource.....we can go directly to JESUS CHRIST for our prayers and praises.......for our THANK YOU JESUS for all you have done for me, the good and the bad........Good will always come out of something bad if you live for JESUS. I pray that you start working on a legacy for your children and family. And remember we can have a good destination if we serve JESUS.

No comments: