Thursday, November 6, 2008

Decorating Tips for Table and Home

What a great time of year to invite friends over for just dessert and coffee or hot cocoa with whipping cream. Set up your table with fun things to eat........I used to love having just dessert parties.......bring out pretty glassware to use for your sweets. Place Biscotti in pretty tall glasses...you can place the glasses on a tea saucer with a paper doily. Put cookies in pretty boxes with doily's.......line them up in rows. If you have glassware with a dome.....place cookies or candies in those too. Be sure and make the Truffle recipe I have below........that would be pretty in the dome glasswear. Use a decorative tin and place your sweet treats......making sure you have pretty napkins or doily's to use inside the tin or container.......You can use small buckets and place in pretty fabric and place cookies or apples........each person coming can bring a sweet.....or keep it simple with them bringing just cookies and you make the Truffles and provide the coffee and hot cocoa and always make sure you have whipping cream........just a bit of vanilla is great in coffee........I also use whipping cream to top off my coffee. Use pretty beverage napkins that you can pick up at Tuesday Morning for about $1.49 or $1.99.......Have you friends bring a friend.....this is fun for 4 people or more!

I love to take orange peels and cinnamon with water and heat slowly on my stove.....the scent is refreshing and beautiful and costs a lot less than things you buy in the store. I pick up cinnamon for around 70 cents and add water and heat on my stove and my home really smells nice. It will also get you in the mood for winter to come.

No comments: