Monday, June 22, 2009

WAIT ON THE LORD

"Wait on the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord".~~Psalm 27:14

This is a very important verse in the bible and yet some people take this so lightly. We worry, fuss and have panic moods..some panic attacks and this takes from our day that we should have Joy in if we are saved by Jesus Christ. Take heart........Jesus does hear our prayers and he will answer them. His answer may be no but let me share with you a story of faith. Even if God's answer is no, like mine has been for many many years, I know and believe that JESUS will withold no GOOD thing from me. To me that means my good is coming.

Two ladies I go to church with needed cars really bad. I have been praying for both of them. A few months ago one lady was given a car by one of our single men.......it is an older car but running really good and this will get her around. We were all helping her get around at times. I started praying for her a car last year around fall.........of course others were praying too and JESUS delivered her car. a few months ago. ANSWERED PRAYER..SHE HAD A NEED. We don't have transportation in our town to get people where they need to be on time. They also don't plan on giving us more than the little bus that really goes in a circle. So living here a car is necessary.

Another lady I know has needed a better car for years and her 1990 car needed so much work it would have been impossible on her government check to have the money to fix that car.........she had been praying for years and I have been praying with her for the last 5 years........I know that seems like a long time but it is not a long time for JESUS.........she would sometimes get discouraged but always always knew that Jesus was going to give her a car.......and he did a few weeks ago. She came home on a Saturday, her daughter had to take her places, and in her drive way was a 1994 Mint Condition Black Camery..one owner.....People in our church along with her family and friends have been praying.........she gets out in shock and then there is a note on the car that says....."I have your keys, call me"........she was so excited and started praising JESUS.....she called the number and the man from our church brought over the keys........she has no idea who gave this car to her and as for me I would not want to know because I would feel I owed that person something for the rest of my life.......this is the perfect example of the scripture "don't let your right hand know what your left hand is doing"........the car was given from the heart.......they did not want her to know who they were. This way she can really enjoy the car.......JESUS does answer prayer. My friends waited a long time and the last lady I told you about has wanted a nice car for 10 years or so.........when we don't get a quick answer from JESUS we think he has not heard us but he has and our blessings come in his perfect time. Maybe her faith grew a lot stronger while waiting.......look at the testimony she has on WAIT AND BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD.....and all the glory will be given to JESUS. For those discouraged in waiting, I pray that these two examples will give you more hope, more strength, more closeness to JESUS and know that if you serve him he will bless you and he does fullfill your/our needs.....GOD IS ALWAYS ON TIME. KEEP THE FAITH in your prayers........stand strong on the word. JESUS HEARS YOU. HE also records your tears as he tells us in Psalm 56:8. Also remember "I WILL LIE DOWN AND SLEEP IN PEACE, FOR YOU ALONE, O LORD, MAKE ME DWELL IN SAFETY"~~Psalm 8. Now, raise those arms to the sky and thank JESUS for your prayer request that is coming to you answered.

No comments: