Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Life

Yesterday I went to the ER with a horrible headache. I had hit my head really hard Saturday. The back of my head.......getting into my car a weird way.....why I entered that way I will never know. Since I am a traumatic brain injury survivor, hitting the head over and over can kill someone. My doctor out of town said go to the ER but he does not know the ER in this town. It is horrible. No matter how sick you are they make you wait hours. I have been told people in the waiting room have had strokes waiting........they say they are too busy and busy more than our huge hospital in the state.........something needs to be done to get them to fix their many issues on taking care of patients. It is a horrible experience going into that waiting room. Last night, I left and prayed over my head........I took time last night to pray for myself.....something I do not do enough of.....I pray for others and forget to pray for myself. So if you are not praying for yourself.......please take the time. I woke up today feeling much better. That hit in my head made me really sick and until this morning I was having a hard time. JESUS is so precious to answer our prayers. The Lord heard my prayer and healed that area of pain. I have also asked JESUS for a hedge of protection around my head.......too many times since my TBI I have hit my head really hard and with a traumatic brain injury you can't keep hitting your head. No matter what the doctors say, I won't go before its my time. So if you will say a prayer to JESUS for me, and ask that my head be guarded by the Lord.

Tonight I went to a funeral home in support of a mother and her family. Her son died a week ago with alcohol and drugs. I feel confident that young man did not even think he would die that night. He did........I had never met him.........but in seeing him in the casket.......I saw a precious young man. He did not even look his age of 24. The mother is just numb and has not even had the time to mourn. Please keep Karen and her family in your prayers. The only thing I could say to her was that "I was so so sorry" and that it was going to be a long journey and to rest and take care of herself and if she will let JESUS take care of her, he will.

I was raised in the funeral business. My great dad was and still is a funeral director. It is a sad business, but that is a business that is needed.

What went wrong? Why could he not receive the message the Lord has for us all. His parents could not control his choices........but my heart is shaken that he died. OUR LIFE IS A VAPOR, The Holy Bible tells us. Life is really precious. I did not understand how precious until 6 years ago when I was at deaths door for 3 days..........what could the youth have done at church? Who could have extended a hand to him? I was told he had such a great heart. That he was so kind and nice...........who all abanded him? Did anyone? I am so sad right now. I pray that if you have people in your church or neighborhood that need help that you will ask Jesus what you can do.....take special time to pray for the lost and hurting.....pray for the ones that are not with JESUS and pray that they see the truth. Pray they don't believe the lies of the evil one.

Busy lives........to me choke out the people we need to help. Too much activity in ones life other than helping people who are lost, lonely and at the edge of death. I don't know what she is going through but I do know how it feels to have a child at death like I did with my son when he was two months old. Please keep this family of Karen in your prayers. (I WILL WRITE MORE AS MY MIND CAN THINK)

No comments: