Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Isaiah 43:2

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze".

I have this scripture highlighted in my bible in bold pink.......I have beside marked "trouble". This scripture is from God letting us know he will NOT leave us. He has our back and walks beside us at all times. He is our strength and comfort. Our Lord has been trying to get a message to me. I have not read Isaiah 43:2 in a long time.....so JESUS made sure that " I GET IT". How wonderful our Lord works through people and things we read by Christian authors. How he talks to each of us differently.....he is personal to us and knows us....he knows he has to get our attention in different ways because of our personalities. I have always asked JESUS to really let me know something is from him. He understands I don' always get it the first or second time....this time it took four trys but today I GOT IT!

I was invited to a beautiful luncheon at a tea room by my cousin Pam who attends Trinity Church. These ladies have such love and welcomed me as though they had known me for years, which is what we are supposed to do as followers of JESUS CHRIST.....make others feel welcomed. Each person was given a scripture to read.......one lady was reading Isaiah 43:2.......I did not catch the verse or chapter just that the amazing scripture was in Isaiah....when I left I had to find that scripture, I just could not get the verse out of my mind. Then I heard a preacher on tv say the same scripture.........and I did not catch the chapter and verse..........a few days later that scripture was mentioned again...........and today when I was reading a message by Greg Laurie of Harvest Church.........well as you can guess, there was this scripture again. ISAISH 43:2 now I will never forget and as I read it again toady..........I GOT IT. At the luncheon that scripture was for the lady that received the scripture to read.........and of course it is for everyone on planet earth.........but it was also Jesus letting me know, Victoria...I understand your pain right now with your son and your heartache and he wants me to know that he is right with me. JESUS was getting my attention. That verse is for everyone but for me I needed to be reminded that while I am alone in human form he is right with me. While during this situation, even though it is so painful for me..........the great I AM........is with me. What a comfort........it took four trys and I got it..........Praise you JESUS that you never get tired of us.......that you will never stop leading us and that you will never ever give up on us. Praise you LORD FOR ALL YOU DO AND WHO YOU ARE and being there for me/us..........every second..........Everyone is going to go through trouble in their lifetime......as it is written in the Holy Bible........but JESUS has overcome the world...he will fight for you.........you may not think where you are today this scripture applies to you but my friend it does.......and I pray that when you are in the fire or rushing in the waters.......that you will remember this scripture and stand on God's precious promises to you.........and know that when the storm is over....you will have overcome! Victoria

No comments: