Monday, September 15, 2008

DISORDER

Webster says about clutter: to run in disorder, a crowded or confused mass or collection; to fill or cover with scattered or disordered things that impede movement or reduce effectiveness. My goodness!

I was working on reducing clutter today in my bathroom shelves and wanted to share with you LIFE IN CLUTTER! When I was working I usually had a secretary and they would help me so much. You get spoiled with having help or I did. Since my injury I have had to try and have order with my things in my home and car all by myself and I will tell you that was so very hard for me and trying to take care of my son plus learning one plus one again. I do really great with my car but it does need to be cleaned by dusting and I need to vacuum this week...so tiring on me though....as for my home or palace I like to call it....(our homes are supposed to be our HAVENS) I am just now getting a handle from the last five years to be in ORDER. I stayed very upset and sad when my home was "out of order". Yet, I was not able to do it all.....now I am pacing myself and I am not having to clean up after anyone but myself. To take the time to hit every area of your home and every corner; to put everything in a place......to lay down at night seeing the work you have done to make your home inviting for you and others.......is wonderful.

I feel so much better having order........things in their place, except I find a place and then can't remember where I put them but that is fine and a good exercise for me each day....lol. I would have many papers and books and my office now in my second bedroom, has clutter but not too bad. I need a filing cabinet although I don't rememeber how to file........but I could put things in the file to hide until I use again.....I am always using notebooks and bibles and reading and I go back and forth to research and study....so I will be working on getting my notebooks and books in place because I go through them all the time....all the rest of my home is clean and clutter free......it took a lot of work and me working on this for almost 8 weeks.......not that is was that bad but because I had to have the energy to finish the work which in housekeeping is all the time....less work if you are alone.

God/Jesus loves order......he wants us to take care of ourselves and our things so we can focus more on him and not the mess in our homes, cars or lives........he wants us to call on him more and study and read the word more so we can hear him. When a person likes things in order like I do.....the least bit of clutter really wears on us and our focus is the mess we have to deal with which in turn for me means spending less time in the Holy Bible. I have to take things in small doses now and I have to work on one thing at a time getting to order. I am so proud of myself for being able to man this palace and I can tell you I am less stressed in my home...(I have only a 2-bedroom condo)....I feel so good waking up to a clean kitchen and all rooms clean....I still have to dust and do all the things that I get out of order but I am learning TOUCH SOMETHING only once. I wish I had been taught that when I was growing up then I would have had no clutter ever. Below are scriptures that I believe you will enjoy on clutter and will get you closer to working on your home and things in your life.

Psalm 44:15 "My confusion is continually before me".

I Corinthians 14:33 "For God is not a God of disorder but of peace".

2 Peter 2:19 "They promise them freedom, while themselves are slavesof depravity~~for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him". Clutterd sure mastered me!

Hebrews 12:11 "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it".

I promise if you work on getting rid of the clutter in your car or home.........you will feel much better and be more able to enjoy time in the Holy Bible and in life. Of course as always be saved by JESUS. Disorder can cause us to make bad decisions I believe because if we are cluttered in one part of our lives....I do believe we are cluttered in all areas.........praying for each of you.....YOU CAN DO IT GET YOUR HOME IN ORDER!.....Victoria

2 comments:

Miss Myra said...

Victoria,
Just wanted to comment.
I don't have a clutter problem
as a matter of fact, am a neat freak.
A suggestion for those who might want it.
I have learned to clean up after every task, and I straighten things up everyday and put things back in their place.
I must admit I don't dust as often as I should, and I am allergic to it, so that should give me reason to do it more often.
Another thing that might help, from time to time, get rid or donate things you are no longer using.
Also, I am not a pack rat, only keeping things I use regularly.

Life With Victoria said...

Thank you Myra for your post. Great ideas.