Friday, May 30, 2008

Loving Material Things

I admit that I always loved and still do pretty and nice things. I still do but I don't get in debt to have things. Tag sales are a great way to buy. I knew every designer.......wore the designer clothes and shoes.....I did buy most on sale...still I knew the men's designers and had to have a man that wore Italian shoes.......and he needed to have a great car. When I rededicated my life to Jesus in 2001 I looked for the man who loved Jesus Christ. Today I am still single and that is fine with me. A few nights ago I went with a friend of mine that I used to date. Yes he is a Christian and a very great man. I went to see the home he purchased at a great price. He was diving a different vehicle. We visited on the way to see his home and when I got out of the vehicle for me to look around I noticed that he was in a Mercedes.........I told him I did not realize he was driving a Mercedes. I enjoyed our conversation so much. So I laughed and said LET ME TAKE THIS IN.....Praise JESUS.........there was a time I would not have even gotten into a wrecked or messed up vehicle........I always felt that the person had their priorities different than I wanted to live .........I thought I was really something.........but I am nothing without Jesus Christ...........I am proud of me.......I am not the way I used to be. When we are saved we become different. He even said he would trade his vehicle for mine. My sweet blessed Corolla. I am happy I said no....there would have been a time I would have said yes on the spot.........now mind you, his vehicle is an older model but its still a Mercedes.

It was funny to watch my son crawl on the floor while I am dragging my leg away from him as he begged me to take the Mercedes. I am mature and know what life is really about! I am so glad I am me now. Thank you JESUS that you showed me the material things don't matter........I took myself away from material things and I have my eyes to what is right .........my eyes are set on you JESUS.........this is what life is really all about.....JESUS CHRIST. I pray if you do not know him you will find him.....for instructions see Romans 10:9-13.......Jesus is waiting for you to call on him......he will never leave you.

No comments: